The Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2020) right around the corner! As this year’s conference will be virtual, please review the information below for important information regarding how to access your sessions.
- All registrations include access to the full conference.
- All times listed on the virtual conference platform will be listed in UTC/GMT-5 hours.
- Use your registered email address to sign into the GECCO Conference platform (https://gecco.tamps.cinvestav.mx/).
- Log in to the platform in the top right-hand corner. The first time you log in, you will need to select “Lost Password” and a reset link will be sent to you via email. Once you have reset your password, you can login. If you select “Remember me for 30 days” the system will keep you logged in.
- To find sessions you would like to attend, you can:
- Scroll down on the Home page to the Schedule (there is a tab for each day at the top of the Schedule)
- Browse through the keynotes, tracks, tutorials or workshops by selecting them in the dropdown menu at the top of the page
- Use the search function to look for the title or author
Once you’ve found the session you would like to attend, click on the camera icon to take you to that Zoom session.
Note: To access the meetings for Tutorials click on the toggle button near each header name to display the expanded list of sessions, then click on the camera icon to take you to that Zoom session.
- The hyperlink embedded in each camera icon will open another tab and a pop-up that will ask you to allow you to enter the appropriate zoom meeting or webinar. Click “allow” and you will be taken to Zoom.
Please note these direct links to zoom will only work if you select the session during its scheduled timeslot.
- Once you enter a session you will have the option to interact with the presenters via either Chat box, Q&A or both (Q&A feature are in webinars only).
You will be muted until the Q&A portion of the meeting. In some smaller meetings or workshops the presenter may opt for participants to discuss via audio as well
- Once the session concludes, you will need to go back to the GECCO Conference platform. The website will still be up in your browser, and you should not have to log back in if you checked to “Remember log in for 30 days”.
System Requirements to Access Virtual Platform
Win OS 7+ running latest version of Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome
Mac OS 10.10+ running latest version of Firefox, Chrome
Enable pop ups
Need most current version of Zoom downloaded on device (for post session Q&A)
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please feel free to reach out to us by using information below:
gecco at executivevents.com
1-888-526-1242 (Toll Free)
We look forward to seeing you virtually!
The GECCO 2020 Team